A U.S. Production of my Stage Play!

A little while back I was approached by Knock ‘em Dead Dinner Theatre, a U.S theatre company based in Boise, Idaho, enquiring about performance rights for my stage play of A Christmas Carol. I’m thrilled to say that negotiations have now been concluded and the company will be producing my stage script this coming Christmas.

There will be 13 performances beginning on 19th November 2010 and running until the last Saturday before Christmas, with the final performance on 18th December. Although details have yet to be finalised tickets will go on sale in a couple of months time and should be priced between $15 - $20.

The theatre company began producing shows over a quarter of a century ago, back in 1984, with their first production of Dracula, a stage adaptation of Bram Stoker’s classic vampire novel. Since then they have increased their number of productions per season from two to an impressive five, as well as finding a permanent 122-seater home for their full-time theatre company on Parkcenter Boulevard.

I will, of course, be making regular reports and updates on the progress of the play as soon as rehearsals start (auditions begin in July) on my blog, which I hope will include photographs of the cast and crew as well as poster / flyer artwork and pages from the programme.

It’s also my intention, at some point, to put up a blog entry about the original professional productions of A Christmas Carol, performed in the Victorian street exhibition at the Castle Museum in York, back in 2003 / 2004 – once I’ve badgered a few friends and colleagues into sending me some of their cast / production photographs, as well as some behind-the-scenes pics.

Meanwhile, for more information on the forthcoming stage production, as well as details about other wonderful shows planned for their 2010 / 2011 season please visit their theatre company website on the link below.


The Knock 'em Dead Dinner Theatre Company can be found at http://www.kedproductions.org/


My stage play of A Christmas Carol is still available at Amazon.Com : http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Carol-Being-Ghost-Story/dp/1434815846/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277812677&sr=8-2

Comments

  1. Hi Scott, I'm so pleased to see you are writing and reviewing science fiction material that was such a passion in our childhood years... although you always got to play the good guy! ;) Series such as V/ star trek etc for which I'm still very fond (I remember the venetian serving hatch in the front room too!). I hope all is well, would be great to catch up at some point. I saw your brother at the weekend and he mentioned what you were doing nowadays. Look me up on facebook if you're on it. Take care, and all the very best of luck. Glynn L.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts