Of Short Story Collections & Stage Plays

It’s been a few weeks since I last posted on here (yeah, I know I know, I’m getting lazy) but I promise to update a lot more regularly from now on.

No, honest.

So, what’s happened since I last posted? Well, it’s been quite an eventful 5 weeks, what with entertaining friends, family, having my fiancée’s niece and nephews staying over, as well as being commissioned to write a short story for a forthcoming collection…oh yes, and another theatre company will be performing my stage play version of A Christmas Carol this year - which brings the tally up to three (3) U.S. productions.

Let’s start with the good stuff first.

Obverse Books, publishers of three Iris Wildthyme collections, as well as the forthcoming Obverse Book of Ghosts, have announced that they will be publishing their first collection of Faction Paradox short stories at the beginning of next year.


My short story “Holding Pattern” will feature in Faction Paradox: A Romance in Twelve Parts which has been scheduled for publication in February 2011. The collection is being edited by Faction creator Lawrence Miles and Obverse’s Stuart Douglas, and already has the FP fan forums buzzing with excitement despite only being officially announced four days ago. Work has now begun in earnest on my story and needless to say, I’m absolutely thrilled to be a part of all this as well as having the wonderful opportunity of working alongside some very talented and generous writers!


OK, so a few days ago I was contacted by another theatre company over in the States, this time in Maine, wanting to secure the rights to perform my stage version of A Christmas Carol this coming December. I am absolutely delighted, as this will be the third U.S theatre company performing my play this year - the other two being in Idaho and Virginia. Details are still being finalised at the moment but I will, of course, be posting all details, pics, info and links on my blog as soon as I get them.

Obviously, now is the time for knuckling down to some serious writing and many of my favourite online haunts, such as Twitter and Facebook, will inevitably become neglected over the coming weeks, but I shall attempt to put a little time aside every few days and keep this blog a little more up-to-date than I have been doing.

Please stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts