NOVELS, AUDIOS AND PROJECTS IN 2020







I've thinking about next year quite a bit of late (2020 is less than 3 weeks away, after all!!) as well as thinking back over this past year, and I've come to a number of conclusions.

This year has been enormous fun work-wise, I have been so lucky and privileged to have been able to work on so many fantastic blu-ray releases it's been an absolute blast.

But...

I do miss writing fiction.

















Yes, I have written a bit – my 3 audio novelisations of DORIAN GRAY and my Full-Cast audio-play of BLAKE'S 7 were released earlier this year by BIG FINISH, however they were written last year, so it doesn't technically count. Not in my head, anyway. In my head I haven't written fiction, not properly, all this year.


And that's the thing I've really really missed the most this year - getting stuck into writing a novel.

So...

I've decided to do something about it. I'm currently working on a number of projects for 2020 – some are science-fiction, some are horror, some are co-written with other brilliant and talented people, but all are very exciting!

 I'm currently working on a couple of novels – both are Cyberpunk / SciFi...

- One I'm writing solo, is at the moment untitled, and is set in the sprawling, neon-drenched Teshak City (which some of you may already be familiar with, as it was the setting for one of my previous audio-plays), and features a character (from one of my previous novels) who is now in hiding among the dark, rain-drench streets of the City, trying desperately to stay alive! More details soon.

- The other novel is being co-written with the multi-talented author and actress Sadie Miller, and is set on the colony planet Terra Nullius, both in the dangerous streets of New Kowloon as well as high above in the floating city-like structures of the Sky Districts, and featuring the intertwining stories of data-smugglers Chiana and Logan. More info soon!

I'm also working on an audio novella with music, an SF-tinged horror story called DESOLATION set in an alternate 1983 where the bomb has dropped and it is always the 21st November for the survivors living on the street they call Desolation Row! It's a joint project with award-winning composer and musician Kim Halliday where the music is integral to the story...and the story integral to the music!



...But that doesn't mean I won't be carrying on with my film-work. No siree! I fully intend to continue writing booklet essays and notes, and recording audio commentaries...


I just want to get back to writing books again as well.

I intend to make 2020 even more fun work-wise than 2019 has been!!





Comments

Popular Posts