NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS




I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions. (I think I may have said this before. But then, hasn't most people said this at some time or other?) I don't think they really work (New Year's Resolutions, not people), or if they do they only work for a little bit, then by March you've either forgotten about them or they've become too much like hard work that you soon resort to your old ways again.

But this year it's different.

Hmm. I think I may have said that before too!!

No, but honestly it is. I've got quite a few projects either up and running or in various stages of being written, or mapped out, or planned, or pitched, and I need to make sure that I've got myself organised enough to get them all written.

In this last year the time that my wife begins work has been moved forward for a second time, meaning that my work day now begins at 8:45 rather than 8:00 just three years ago. I used to like to try and get an hour's walk in before I sat down to start work – blow the cobwebs away, kick-start the old grey cells – but now that would mean it would be pushing 10:00 before my work day begins.

So, I'm having to rethink my work schedule, and I really need to do it for 2020 so that I can begin the new schedule right from the off and get myself into a proper routine.

I'd also like to start writing regular blog entries again – not only does it make the blog better, more entertaining, but again it helps me engage my brain and get the writing gears turning. So, I need to make sure I put a little time aside every few days for a proper (not to mention interesting) blog update.

(Which reminds me...I have a few guest posts coming up in early 2020, so keep 'em peeled!)

I'd also like to get back into some heavy-duty reading. I've found myself spending less and less time with a book over these last couple of years, and it's so easy to fall out of the habit. I've got a stack of books piling up on my To Read pile and I'm keen to make a dent in it.

I need to quit the caffeine – or at least reduce it a great deal. I need to eat better than I am doing right now. I need to get more exercise, to lose some weight, to get out of the house during a working week a little more, to switch off from work when the wife gets home, to stay off the internet and stop checking emails outside of work hours.

I'm not really into New Year's Resolutions. I *have* said it before, and knowing me I'll go on saying it. But I think I need a few, just this once at least, just to help get things...well, not fixed as such, more 'finely tuned'.

I have a week and a half to get prepared.

Wish me luck!








Comments

Popular Posts