HONG KONG CINEMA APPRECIATION SOCIETY REVIEWS THE 8 DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER









I just wanted to share an awesome video review by Will of the Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Society where he talks about his love for the film The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter and, more specifically, the recent fabulous blu-ray release.

Now, I've loved 8 Diagram... for a long time, it being one of my favourites of 1980s Hong Kong cinema, and I was lucky enough to have been asked to record a new audio commentary for the film's release.

Will's video is on 10 minutes long, but he takes up a staggering 5 minutes of that time talking about how much he enjoyed my audio commentary, which was just so humbling and unexpected. I'd like to thank Will for his kind and generous words - it's reviews such as this that convince me that maybe, just maybe, I'm doing something right in my work.

Incidentally, for the past few months Will has been forced to record his videos for the Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Society in a room in his own home due to lockdown - but it's great to see that things are continuing despite the pandemic! Will, I salute you!

You can watch Will's review of The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter HERE














Comments

Popular Posts