Just what am I doing? - Of Books & Audio Commentaries
It's a busy time for me at the moment, with several different and interesting projects on the go. I'm starting to feel like one of those plate spinners you used to see on those late 1970s variety shows.
First off I've been recording a few audio commentaries for the BFI (British Film Institute) - one of them, the 1959 classic apocalyptic drama On the Beach was released on blu-ray in July (see last blog post for Specs and Review Links!). I've just about to record another BFI release - this one a modern classic of British Cinema - which I'm very excited to be a part of. More news of this one very soon, promise!
In other news, I'm currently co-writing a novel with a fantasy author who's already has a couple of excellent novels under their belt, published by Angry Robot Books. I'll be revealing more about the book (as well as my erstwhile partner-in-crime) when its a little further along and we're ready to start spilling the beans.
I'm also working on the scripts for a 6-part SF audio series with a some-time BBC producer. Again, I'll have more on this project when the scripts are written and it's a little further along it's journey to being produced.
I've been reading like crazy this year, burning through my ever growing TO READ pile, so I will be posting a some of my regular What am I reading? posts, with thoughts and opinions on my recent reads.
There's also a few other bits 'n' bobs, which I'll speak of in time. Sorry to be so cryptic about things, but I don't like to talk too much about things until they're really off and running full steam. I'm sure you understand.
Until then, I'll be writing more A Childhood in Twenty Book Covers posts over the coming weeks - there's some real classics coming up!
Stay tuned!



Comments
Post a Comment